Click to Enlarge
The historical remote Mustang trek unseal the once Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang, tucked away from the rest of the world, lies just north of the main Himalayan range of Nepal. Mustang, a land where the soul of the man is still considered to be as real as the feet he walks on: a land said to be "barren as a dead deer" but where beauty and happiness abound is spite of hardship, was a part of the Tibetan Kingdom of Gungthang until 1830's. The wall city of Lo Monthang, unofficial capital of Mustang still remains a kingdom within a kingdom. The early history to Lo Monthang is embellished in myth and legend rather than the recorded fact. Mustang has maintained its status as a separate principality until 1951. The king of Lo Monthang still retains his title and he has been given the honorary rank of Colonel in the Nepal army.
Day 01 : Arrival, transfer to the hotel, welcome dinner
Day 02 : Sightseeing of Kathmandu and Bhaktapur city
Day 03 : Fly/drive to Pokhara. sightseeing
Day 04 : Fly to Jomsom (2713m.), and Trek to Kagbeni
Day 05 : Trek to Chailey Village
Day 06 : Trek to Tanagaon (3770 m).
Day 07 : Trek to Tsarang (3520m)
Day 08 : Trek to Lo-manthang (3780m).
Day 09 : Sightseeing around Lo-manthang
Day 10 - 11: Explore eastern and western valleys (5-6 hours round trip)
Day 12 : Trek to Ghami (3440m) via Lo Gyakar Gomba.
Day 13 : Trek to Samar
Day 14 : Trek to Tangbe
Day 15 : Trek to Muktinath (3627 m)
Day 16 : Trek to Jomsom
Day 17 : Fly to Kathmandu via Pokhara
Day 18 : Free day, shopping, farewell dinner in the evening
Day 19 : Departure
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Three nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival two day and after the trekking).
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu – Pokhara.
- Ground transportation from Pokhara – Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Your personal expenses.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu .
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Tips for the guide and porter.