Click to Enlarge
Helambu is situated in the northern part of the country; about 75km from Kathmandu and the area is inhabited by Sherpa. The languages, culture and the dress of Helambu Sherpa are different from those of Solokhumbu Sherpa. On the way to any Langtang trek you can also do Helambu trek either from Gosaikunda or from Ganja La pass (5106m).The route from Ganja La pass is quite difficult in winter because of height and usually snow-covered trail. he trek is easy and provides the spectacular views of the Langtang (7245m), Ganesh Himal (7405m), Dorje Lhakpa (6990m) and other small mountains of Langtang Himalayan range. The warm and friendly people of helambu are mostly Buddhists. It is an ideal trip for those who have a short time and like to combine both cultural scene. You will enjoy visiting the culturally rich Tamang villages, Buddhist Gompas and the fantastic landscape with rice fields.
Day 01: Kathmandu to Sundarijal to Chisopani (2140m)
Day 02: Chisopani to Gulbhanjyang (2140m)
Day 03: Gulbhanjyang to Tharepati (3640m)
Day 04: Tharepati to Malemchigaon (2530m)
Day 05: Malemchigaon to Tarkegyang (2590m)
Day 06: Tarkegyang to Sermathang (2610m)
Day 07: Sermathang to Malemchipul Bazar (880m)
Day 08: Malemchipul Bazaar to Kathmandu
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Three nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival two day and after the trekking).
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu – Pokhara.
- Ground transportation from Pokhara – Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Your personal expenses.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu .
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Tips for the guide and porter.