Click to Enlarge
Muktinath trekking lies in the district of Mustang and is about 18 km north east of Jomsom at an altitude of 3, 749m. Trekking to Muktinath begins from Jomsom which is the most popular trekking. The ancient trade route to Mustang and Tibet, up the Kali Ghandaki river, presents one of the most developed trekking trails offering comfortable lodges run by Gurung and Thakali families. Starting from Pokhara we ascend the Annapurna foothills through picturesque Gurung villages and continue through lichen-draped rhododendron forest to climb Poon Hill at dawn for spectacular views of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. Later we will trek up the deepest valley in the world situated between two Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m/26,788ft.) and Annapurna (8,091m/26,538ft.). As we trek up the Kali Gandaki valley we pass though the traditional and prosperous villages of Tukuche, Ghasa, Marpha and Jomsom. The Thakalis, a traditional traders, have converted their charming and wonderfully clean homes into trekkers' lodges and are well known as one of the most gracious and successful inn-keepers in Nepal. Past Jomsom we reach the arid Tibet-like landscape of Mustang. At Muktinath, set below the Thorung La pass, we have a day to explore the temple and villages and enjoy wonderful mountain views before taking the flight back from Jomsom..
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour.
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara (914m)
Day 04: Pokhara to Tikhedhunga.
Day 05: Tikhedhunga to Ghorepani (2675 m)
Day 06: Hiking to Poonhill (3120m) – Back to Ghorepani, and Trek to Tatopani (1190m) from Ghorepani , 7 hrs.
Day 07: Tatopani to Ghasa (2100m)
Day 08: Ghasa to Tukuche (2590m)
Day 09: Tukuche to Kagbeni (2810m)
Day 10: Kagbeni to Muktinath (3802m)
Day 11: Muktinath to Jomsom 6 hrs.
Day 12: Jomsom to Pokhara, fly (18 mins).
Day 13: Pokhara to Kathmandu (914m)
Day 14: Final Departure from Kathmandu.
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Three nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival two day and after the trekking).
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu – Pokhara.
- Ground transportation from Pokhara – Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Your personal expenses.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu .
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Tips for the guide and porter.