Click to Enlarge
sland peak, also known as Imja Tse (6189m/ 20305ft) was first climbed in 1953 in preparation for the ascent on Everest. This is a very popular peak. Apart from being an enjoyable climb, it has some of the most spectacular scenery of the Khumbu region. Island peak is said to resemble an "Island in a sea of ice" and is actually an extension of the south ridge of Lhotse Shar. The mainland forms a semi-circle of cliffs that rise in the north to the rugged summits of Nuptse. Lhotse, Lhotse middle peak and Lhotse Shar. To the east lies Cho Polu and beyond this, the red granite Makalu. To the south lies the Baruntse, Amphu and the lofty Amadablam. The Amadablam looks like a giant sea-stack guarding the entrance to the glacial bay Where Island peak stands. Island peak's first route of ascent was the south-east flank and south-west ridge. The usual base camp site is between Imja Tse and moraine of Imja glacier. In the event of heavy snowfall, this area has proved to be prone to avalanche danger.
Day 1: Arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport. Transfer to Hotel.
Day 2: Flight to Lukla (2,840m) and Trek to Phakding. O/N in Phakding (2,652m).
Day 3: Phakding to Namche Bazaar. O/N in Namche Bazaar (3,446m).
Day 4: Rest day in Namche Bazaar. O/N in Namche Bazaar (3,446m).
Day 5: Trek to Tengboche (3,867m).
Day 6: Trek to Dingboche. O/N in Dingboche (4,350m).
Day 7: Rest day in Dingboche (4,350m).
Day 8: Trek to Lobuche (4,930m).
Day 9: Trek to Gorak Shep (5,165m). Optional Kala Pathar (5,545m) ascent 2 hours.
Day 10: Rest Day in Gorak Shep (5,165m).
Day 11: Trek back to Dingbuche (4350m).
Day 12: Trek to Chhukung (4730m).
Day 13: Trek to Imje Tse Base Camp (5012m).
Day 14: High Camp (5600m)
Day 15: Climb to the summit of Island Peak (6189m) and head back to Chhukung. Over night stay in Chhukung.
Day 16: Trek back to Tengboche (3,867m)
Day 17: Trek back to Namche Bazaar (3,440m)
Day 18: Trek back to Lukla (2,800m). O/N in Lukla.
Day 19: Lukla-Kathmandu .
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.Cost Excludes
- Three nights standard accommodation in Kathmandu (on the arrival two day and after the trekking).
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Ground transportation from Kathmandu – Pokhara.
- Ground transportation from Pokhara – Kathmandu.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers’ Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport – Kathmandu). You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Your personal expenses.
- Food while you are in Kathmandu .
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Sweet things like chocolate.
- Tips for the guide and porter.